IT Service Continuity Officer
The IT Service Continuity Officer is responsible for maintaining the recovery capability within the company to match agreed needs, requirements and timescales of the business. He/she ensures that the ITSC Management process is executed and is responsible for day-to-day management, quality and integrity of the ITSCM process execution. The IT Service Continuity Officer coordinates and drives the development of ITSC Plans to ensure the organization can respond to service unavailability so that the identified critical business applications and functions can be resumed within a defined time frame, the amount of loss can be minimized as defined, and any stricken service in scope can be recovered as defined.
The IT Service Continuity Officer schedules, plans, coordinates, manages and documents ITSC readiness tests to ensure sure that the ITSC Plans are executable, the recovery objectives are reachable and any possible inconsistencies in the documents are recognized and corrected.
Process Governance Activities
- Develop and maintain the ITSCM process in accordance with the overall business continuity management requirements; establish and facilitate continual process improvement
- Monitor performance of the overall process, identifying trends/developments beyond Business As Usual operation
- Soundboard to application and infrastructure architects, engineers, IT project / program managers, business contacts
- Ensure the policies, standards and procedures are communicated and followed; continually ensure that ITSCM best practices are implemented and followed
- Create and maintain local procedures and Work Instructions as needed
- Implement and maintain the ITSC Plans and recovery plans to ensure that, at all times, the recovery objectives of the business can be achieved;
- Coordinate the implementation and maintenance of ITSC and recovery plans with IT service providers
- Regularly test the ITSC Plans for effectiveness, review the results and take action to overcome the identified deficiencies;
- Support the ITSC Plan execution during the invocation and restoring the service back to normal operating conditions;
- Ensure that all employees who have a role in the recovery phase are fully trained and aware of their roles and responsibilities;
- Review major changes that can have impact on the service continuity and ITSC Plans and updating the plans accordingly;
- Participate in the Business Impact Analysis and risk management exercises for both existing and new services.
- Master Degree in Computer Science or equivalent years of work experience
- 5 to 15 years working in IT with demonstrated increased levels of responsibility and accountability;
- 5 years of experience in ITSCM, as well as demonstrated proficiency in managing and coordinating recovery plans from a technology perspective; including, but not limited to, technology dependencies and associated sequence of restorations
- 3+ years of experience in designing, developing, maintaining, and exercising/testing of recovery plans
- experience in virtualization, cloud computing, managed hosting, and DR outsourcing with alternate site vendors
- ITIL Foundation level; Applied knowledge and understanding of the respective ITIL process within a commercial environment;
- Project Management skills, ability to plan, organize and coordinate the testing of recovery procedures;
- Demonstrated ability to work with IT management and business owners, to build and sustain professional networks in a diverse, fast-paced, multi-task environment
- Applied knowledge and understanding of the business continuity and risk management areas such as, ISO22301, ISO31000, …;
- A BCI certification, Certified Business Continuity Professional (CBCP) or similar certification preferred.
- Spoken and written fluency in Dutch or French; passive understanding of Dutch and French